Nurture Ministry: This group works to assist each member of St. James in their growth in faith and understanding of God. They work to let each one know they are valued and cared for by welcoming them, letting them know we miss them when they are away from us, and encouraging all to feel a valued part of the church.
- Worship committee: Works to foster all that occurs before, during and after Sunday services to make worship meaningful. This includes worship services, Sunday school classes for children, ages 3 and up, as well as adults, music groups, including Chancel Choir, Glory Road contemporary band, Hallelujah Chorus, Youth choir, children’s choir and bell choir. New members are always welcome and encouraged!
- Hospitality: Within the walls of St. James there are members who love to cook, serve and eat! We especially love to eat with friends and neighbors. Twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesdays, we gather for Fellowship Suppers in the Wesley Room. Bring a dish to share and come for lively conversation and friendship.
- Social Senior Luncheons: All seniors are invited at noon the first Tuesday of the month to a covered dish luncheon in the Treadwell Room. Bring a dish to share, and enjoy company with a wonderful bunch of folks!
- Welcoming: Each member and visitor is very important to us! Please sign the visitor’s book at the back of the sanctuary when you visit, as well as the red “shepherding” folder each week. We ask folks to sign in so that we may know when you are with us, and to let you know we miss you when you are away! We have name tags so that we can get to know each other better. They are on a large board in the Wesley Room, by last names. If you need a name tag, please sign the clipboard, and one will be made for you.
- Prayer Group:Each Tuesday Morning at 10:45, our Prayer Warriors meet at the Parish House to join together for prayers for healing, grace and thanksgiving. Come join us in this important ministry!
- Wesleyan Coffee Club:meets every Thursday morning at 9:00 AM for coffee and conversation with Pastor Jordan at a local coffee shop. Call the office at 845-331-3030 to find out where we are meeting this week, and come join us!
- Men’s Group:All men are invited to join us for breakfast the second Saturday of the month in the downstairs kitchen at 8:15 AM! If you like to cook, come earlier. Enjoy a hearty breakfast, some good fellowship and a few laughs. Free will offering accepted.
- A New Bereavement Group:has been started by Sheila Read. The purpose is to provide a safe space for people facing loss to spend time together in a mutually supportive environment to grieve and heal together. For more information, please meet Sheila in the library after church at 12:15pm.